Research > Apply For a Grant
2014 CURE Challenge Award
Invited full proposals must be submitted through proposalCENTRAL (https://proposalcentral.altum.com) by Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 9:00pm, ET. Please fill in all required fields in the online application form.
To access your application, log in to proposalCENTRAL and go to your Manage Proposals tab. If you click on “edit” next to your approved LOI, you will be taken into the full proposal application.
Instructions for each section of the online application:
- Title Page: Enter proposal title (maximum 150 characters, including spaces).
- Enable Other Users to Access this Proposal: Use this optional section to grant access to a collaborator or co-investigator.
- Applicant/PI: This section should auto-populate from the applicant’s professional profile. Double-check that the information is complete and correct. If it is not, click Edit Professional Profile to update the information. Indicate whether you are an early career or established investigator.
- Institution & Contacts: Information should auto-populate from applicant’s profile.
- Collaborators/Co-investigators: Please enter information for any co-investigators or collaborators, if applicable.
- Letters of Intent: Upload PDF of Letter of Intent according to the guidelines outlined below.
- Validate: The system will check for required components that have not been completed. Applicants will not be able to submit until all required components are completely filled out.
- Submit: Make sure to hit Submit after your application has been validated!
Letter of Intent Instructions:
In your uploaded letter of intent, please provide the following in a maximum of 2 pages:
- Explain how this project, if successful, will transform the field of epilepsy. (1,000 characters maximum)
- Provide a brief description of the research plan that succinctly outlines the hypothesis to be tested and the specific aims.
- Type font: 12 point, 10 pitch
- Type density: No more than 15 characters per inch (including spaces). For proportional spacing, the average for any representative section of text should not exceed either 15 characters per inch or 114 characters per line.
- Spacing: Single-spaced between lines of text, no more than five lines of type within a vertical inch.
- Margins: Minimum of 0.5-inch top, bottom, right, and 1-inch left.