8th International Residential Course on Drug Resistant Epilepsies
12:00 pm CST
The virtual course is based on two main educational study methods: there will be lectures from expert epileptologists and working groups with tutors.
Our Associate Director of Research, Priya Balasubramanian, PhD, will be sharing information on CURE Epilepsy’s research grant program.
The main topics that will be covered are:
- Semiologic characteristics of different types of epileptic seizures
- Utilization of Video-EEG
- Notions of anti-epileptic drug pharmacodynamics and kinetics
- Alternative treatments
- Role of epilepsy surgery, especially of the resective type
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation and Deep Brain Stimulation
- Focus on emerging genetic aspects of drug resistant epilepsies