The fourth Partners Against Mortality in Epilepsy (PAME) conference will take place June 14-16 in Alexandria, VA. The conference brings together healthcare providers, researchers, public health officials, patient advocates, caregivers, families, and patients living with epilepsy. This diverse group of stakeholders will focus on the shared goal of improving our understanding of mortality in epilepsy, including Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP). The call for abstracts is now open.
- All abstracts must be submitted by 11:00 PM EST on Monday, March 19, 2018.
- Abstracts will be considered from all investigators doing epidemiological, basic, translational or clinical research on any aspect of mortality in epilepsy.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed and all accepted abstracts will be presented as posters.
ABSTRACT SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS
- Abstracts may include basic, translational or applied (clinical) research, patient-oriented research, and health services, epidemiological, behavioral, or social sciences research.
- Novel and innovative posters are encouraged, though submissions must be based on sound principles of rigorous research.
- All abstracts should address an appropriate and relevant topic of scientific discussion. Presentations should not include commercial messages or inappropriate references to specific products, services, or commercial concerns.
- Abstracts will be judged by an Abstract Selection Committee based on the appropriateness and rigor of research methodology, use of reliable quantitative or qualitative data, analytical strength and depth; and the overall quality of the science and scientific impact (e.g., significance, translational potential, and/or innovation).
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- All abstracts must be submitted through the PAME site.
- The presenting author should be the first author of the abstract. The presenting author can submit one poster on which they are first author and can be a co-author on other poster submissions.
- All abstract submissions are final; no changes or modifications will be permitted.
- Posters will be displayed at the PAME Conference, which will be held June 14-16, Details about your dedicated author time will be included in your confirmation letter.
- Those selected for poster presentations will be provided with a standard (4-foot by 8-foot) poster board to display their poster.