Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE) is seeking a highly engaged and dedicated Manager/Senior Manager Digital Marketing – Lead Generation who is looking for an exciting opportunity where s/he can make a difference in the lives of others.
Overview about CURE:
CURE is the leading non-governmental agency fully committed to funding research in epilepsy. CURE’s mission is to find a cure for epilepsy, by promoting and funding patient-focused research. The organization was founded by Susan Axelrod and a small group of parents of children with epilepsy who were frustrated with their inability to protect their children from seizures and the side effects of medications. Unwilling to sit back, they joined forces to spearhead the search for a cure.
Since its inception in 1998, CURE has raised more than $60 million to fund epilepsy research and other initiatives that will lead the way to cures for the epilepsies. CURE awards grants for novel research projects to prevent epilepsy related to post-traumatic epilepsy, advancing the search for a cure, eliminating treatment side effects, and reversing deficits caused by frequent seizures. CURE funds grants for young and established investigators and to date has awarded more than 220 cutting-edge projects in 15 countries around the world.
The Manager/Senior Manager Digital Marketing – Lead Generation is responsible for driving online lead generation and rapidly growing CURE’s email list and social media audience of prospective donors. This position is integral in developing compelling programming and advertising strategies to build awareness, grow and engage our audience and convert them to donors. Primary goals include: building awareness of epilepsy and CURE’s mission across all key channels, increasing number of marketable leads, and inspiring our new and existing audiences to take both online and offline action in helping CURE achieve its mission.
- Develop effective advertising strategies to drive lead generations efforts, including creating ads and/or retargeting ads, executing campaigns, evaluating results, optimizing Google Ads & Google Grant, and implementing A/B ad testing. Collaborate within the MarCom team and across Development and Research to optimize timing and placement.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze results for all lead generation activities, awareness building campaigns, supporter engagement and conversion efforts, and any other efforts that may be needed. Provide monthly updates, or more often, as appropriate. Develop and present findings, make recommendations to improve approach, and implement necessary improvements. Share results within and across internal teams.
- Plan, program, manage, and ensure all aspects of video/podcast programming (currently Seizing Life) is executed in a timely, flawless fashion. Effort includes identifying topics to build awareness for epilepsy and CURE, developing creative briefs, managing all on-site production requirements, developing organic and paid strategy approach and creating compelling supporting content. Work closely with Multi-Media & Graphics Production Manager to deliver content.
- Oversee development, on-going maintenance, and evaluation of Mobile App.
- Manage SEO and SEM to support advertising and website. Work across organization to ensure all social and web content is key word optimized to elevate visibility and searchability across platforms.
- Develop and understand segmentation for new and existing leads. Identify and plan approaches to engage segments and leads, optimize engagement, customer retention and donor conversion across web and digital channels, including web content, landing pages, online forms, etc. Work in coordination with Digital Marketing – Content Specialist when appropriate.
- Ensure all content, ads, etc. are created in a brand compliant fashion.
- Stay up to date on new digital media technologies, their capabilities, best practices, and how other organizations are using them, in effort to become early adopters of these technologies.
- Provide day-to-day budget management and oversight for key projects.
- Project management.
- Additional job responsibilities as required.
Advertising Campaign Execution & Content
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of creating paid and organic content for Social Media (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Skilled at developing customer targets, placing, monitoring, measuring, and optimizing ads across social media platforms and Google Ads and Google Grants.
- Background in conducting and evaluating A/B Testing.
- Facility with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design package is a plus.
- Strong writing skills.
- Hands on experience with website CMS (WordPress, Drupal, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of web analytics (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel etc.).
- Excellent understanding of SEO, from both a technical and writing perspective.
- Experience working with designers and developers.
Data-Driven Approach to Decision Making
- Strong understanding of standard digital and social marketing KPIs.
- Excellent analytics and presentation skills. Comfortable analyzing, making and presenting recommendations, and executing changes as required.
- Excellent Excel Skills; proficient across other Microsoft Office Applications.
Budget Development & Management
- Experience with budget development and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or another related field.
- Innovative thinker with a minimum of 8 years digital marketing.
- Comfortable being both strategic and hands on.
- Proven track record of driving lead generation and audience conversion to donors (customers).
- Highly detail oriented and precise.
- Excellent project management skills and balancing multiple projects at a time.
- Experience with content creation across email, web and social channels.
- Exceptional written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions.
- Can do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment, highly resourceful and works gracefully under pressure with tight deadlines and multiple internal clients.
To apply, please send you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Manager/Senior Manager Digital Marketing”.