Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Mechanisms of Epilepsy and Neuronal Synchronization
Sunday, July 31, 2022 - Friday, August 5, 2022
Rey Don Jaime Grand Hotel Avinguda de l'Hotel, Castelldefels, Barcelona, Spain ES
Chair(s): Chris Dulla, PhD, Jeff Noebels, MD, PhD.
Leading experts in synaptic, cellular, and circuit-level neuroscience come together to explore neural network synchronization defects due to genetic and acquired causes, unravel mechanisms of seizure generation, and design future therapies to improve the lives of individuals with epilepsy. The Epilepsy GRC will feature talks using cutting-edge technologies to advance epilepsy research. The program will focus on building a usable framework that embraces the emerging molecular, cellular, and circuit-level complexity underlying neuronal synchronization disorders.
The conference will consist of nine sessions, on the following topics:
- Complexity in Epilepsy
- Local and Long-Range Circuitry
- Cell Type-Specific Contributions to Seizures
- Synaptic and Network Homeostasis
- Glial Signaling and Epileptogenesis
- Developmental Circuit Refinement
- New Gene Targets and Therapies
- Oscillations, Rhythms and Network Dynamics
- Epigenetic and Metabolic Targets in Epileptic Brain
Applications for this meeting must be submitted by July 3, 2022.