In this month’s update, please find information on:
- Seminar: Virtual Postdoctoral Data Blitz on April 21
- Job Opportunity: Postdoctoral Fellow at the Brain Trauma Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA
- Job Opportunity: Two Postdoctoral Fellowships at the EpiMVP Epilepsy Center Without Walls at the University of Michigan
- Introduction to Health Services Research in the Epilepsies Webinar on June 9
Seminar: Virtual Postdoctoral Data Blitz on April 21
Join us for a virtual, postdoctoral data blitz! CURE Epilepsy has invited three senior postdoctoral epilepsy researchers to share their work with other researchers. On April 21 from 1-2 PM CT, each researcher will present a short talk followed by five minutes for questions from the audience.
The topics and speakers are as follows:
- Focal Status Epilepticus and Gabapentin Effects on the Neocortex, presented by Maria Belen Perez-Ramirez, PhD (Stanford University)
- Targeting Translational Dysregulation in mTOR-related Epilepsy, presented by Lena Nguyen, PhD (Yale University)
- Enhancing Glucose Metabolism via Gluconeogenesis with PK11195 is Therapeutic in a Zebrafish Model of Dravet Syndrome, presented by Rajeswari Banerji, PhD (University of Colorado)
The virtual Frontiers in Research Seminar Series is sponsored by the Nussenbaum-Vogelstein Family.
Job Opportunity: Postdoctoral Fellow at the Brain Trauma Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA
The Brain Trauma Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA is seeking a postdoctoral fellow for studies using its large animal models of severe brain trauma and posttraumatic epilepsy. The candidate will learn brain surgery, surgical catheterizations, anesthesia, and intensive care in swine of various ages as well as the analysis of MRI, EEG, and histology.
The start date is flexible for Spring 2021. Applicants are requested to send curriculum vitae to Beth Costine-Bartell, Ph.D. at email@example.com. It is encouraged to include contact information for three references from mentors and/or colleagues. For more information on the laboratory, visit the website here.
Job Opportunity: Two Postdoctoral Fellowships at the EpiMVP Epilepsy Center Without Walls at the University of Michigan
The EpiMVP Epilepsy Center Without Walls announces two competitive, two-year postdoctoral fellowships, starting in Fall 2021. Applicants with a particular interest in any of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Induced pluripotent stem cells: Differentiation to 2D and 3D neuronal models of epilepsy and associated neurodevelopmental disorders
- Genomic data and computational analysis: Single-cell sequencing technologies and machine learning algorithms to interpret genetic variants
- Development of rodent or zebrafish models of genetic epilepsy
For information about the positions, find detailed information here.
Introduction to Health Services Research in the Epilepsies Webinar on June 9
The Curing the Epilepsies Conference stakeholders identified Health Services Research (HSR) as a transformative research priority, but noted HSR knowledge and resource gaps.
This CDC/NINDS webinar will provide an overview of Health Services Research (HSR), highlight key HSR epilepsy study approaches and findings, and identify resources to conduct epilepsy HSR studies. No pre-registration is needed, simply join the Zoom meeting at 3:30pm-5:00pm EDT on June 9, 2021.