Genetic Testing to Develop Personalized Medicine for Epilepsy
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm CST
This webinar recorded at Columbia University in New York City, focuses on “Genetic Testing to Develop Personalized Medicine in Epilepsy”. In this webinar, learn more about the importance of genetic testing in epilepsy, the different diagnoses you can receive from genetic testing, and what options are available after your testing results. Also, learn how CURE’s Signature Program, the Epilepsy Genetics Initiative or EGI, is helping push the precision medicine movement in epilepsy forward.
The webinar is presented by Dr. David Goldstein, Director of the Institute of Genomic Medicine at Columbia, and also features a Q&A portion. Some of the questions you might hear addressed include:
- What is the value of genetic testing?
- How do I go about getting testing ordered for me and/or my child?
- What type of results can I expect if I do have genetic testing completed?
- How can knowing the cause of my/my child’s epilepsy help with the available treatment options?
- How is epilepsy research, like that involved in EGI, helping end the diagnostic odyssey that many patients face?