CURE Epilepsy CARES NYC
10:00 am - 12:30 pm CDT
CURE Epilepsy CARES (Conversations About Research in Epilepsy & Seizures) is a free, educational event for patients, families, medical professionals, researchers, and all those touched by or interested in learning more about epilepsy. Join us as clinicians answer your questions about cutting-edge research and epilepsy treatments.
CURE Epilepsy CARES includes:
- A panel discussion, featuring epilepsy experts and moderated by CURE Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Laura Lubbers. The panel will discuss latest in epilepsy research and what it means for patients and families.
- Information about community resources for epilepsy
- Q&A sessions and small roundtable discussions with epilepsy experts over lunch
- Information on cutting-edge therapies and treatments
- The opportunity to engage with other families and advocacy groups in the epilepsy community
Ask the expert panel your questions about topics, such as:
- Current Treatments & Emerging Therapies
- Surgical Options & Devices
- Clinical Trial Participation
- Managing Your Epilepsy: SUDEP, SAP’s, & Side Effects
- Other topics related to advancements and research in epilepsy.
Weill Cornell Medicine campus
Belfer Research Building Room BB 302
413 East 69th Street
New York, NY 10021
What about COVID?
We will be continually monitoring the COVID-19 numbers in New York City and will follow all CDC recommendations and guidelines. Only fully vaccinated individuals will be able to attend the event. We will notify all registrants if conditions require that we shift the event to a virtual platform.
Will meals be provided?
No. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this specific event will not have a meal provided.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact us at events@CUREepilepsy.org or 312-255-1801. If you need to contact the organizer on the day of the event, you must email events@CUREepilepsy.org.
Can my guests register onsite?
YES! Staff will be available to register anyone onsite.